Giving toddlers a busy baby mat as soon as they began to recognise colours, various toys and cartoon is a good idea . Your youngster enjoys playing with new things just as you adore every move your infant makes. To cherish those grins and laughs and provide the highest calibre baby equipment, These baby products are available in the market such as baby activity mats, kids play mats, newborn baby play gyms, multi-purpose play gyms, and more, for a good time.
A baby busy mat, which has a soft fabric at the bottom and a fabric or plastic arch with little toys strung from it, is a fun pastime to have for your child.
With a new baby, Parents have to learn a lot of new things, and tummy time is one of them.
Blankets and busy baby play mats are essential to keep on hand so that your little one can be close to you while building his muscle strength or just lounge around playing with a toy.
In addition to the fact that there will always be one or two busy baby mats in the laundry, it’s a good idea to keep a couple of busy baby mats on hand so you may keep them in various spots throughout the house.
Since they don’t require much storage space, it’s also a good idea to keep one in a place you frequently visit like when you visit Grandma!
What busy baby mats are made up of
The commercially available busy baby mats are non-toxic, and mostly organic which gives the baby a magic feel. These busy baby mats are composed of
- Macramé fringed organic cotton
- Cover that is removable and washable
What baby age range do busy baby mats cater to?
Busy baby mats are silicone suction placemats designed by a mother to hold your baby’s favourite toys, teethers, and cutlery in place.
These busy baby silicone mats are perfect for babies between the ages of 4 and 18 months. There is a wide variety and designs of busy baby mats to hold baby toys and other little things. The collection of busy baby mates is very appealing and wonderful in different colours and different designs. The other uses of busy baby mats are
Placing your baby on their stomach is known as tummy time. it should be done under supervision and when they are awake. The motor, visual, and sensory development of a baby depends on it. Also, it protects the baby’s head from forming flat regions and aids in the development of strong neck and shoulder muscles (positional plagiocephaly).
Busy baby mat as a play gym:
Busy baby mat is also used as a baby play gym. A baby play gym might be an advantageous investment when your child is ready to leave your arms and advance to the next stage of their growth.
A baby play gym can help your child develop in many important ways as they become older. It can also stimulate them and provide them with a pleasant opportunity to start asserting their independence. Your baby will learn many new abilities in the first year of life, but you may support their growth by giving them activities to like.
One tool you can use to promote your baby’s development is a baby play gym.
A large selection of Play Gyms of great quality is available in the market.
How does the busy baby mat work?
Throughout the first year of life, a baby play mat can be useful for both you and your kid.
Because of its numerous advantages.
The best decision you will ever make for your newborn infant is to get a play mat.
Busy baby mats are entertaining for babies and have a tonne of uses!
- It can be used by the baby for amusement and tummy time,
- Also, it is convenient for travel and simple to clean.
- The busy baby mats hold toys that hand above them and it offers your children various developmental advantages.
Assembling of busy baby mats at home?
- 1yard of solid cotton fabric for the bottom layer
- 1yard of cotton batting for the middle
- 3 yards of double-folded bias tape
- Printed cotton fabric for the top layers
- Straight pins
- A sewing machine
- Parchment paper, fabric scissors, a fabric pen, and fabric.
- Your material should be laid out so that the cotton batting, bottom layer, and top layer are all stacked on top of one another.
- Create a 34inchwide circular template using your parchment paper Stack your layers on top of your circle template.
- Make a line of straight pins through the centre of your folded circle template and place it on your fabric circles.
- To topstitch along that centre line, use a longer stitch on your machine.
- To construct one way of your quilted detail, make additional pin lines every 4 inches after sewing down the
- When you’ve finished stitching all of those, use your folded circle template to pin down the centre of your stitched lines so you can sew across them in the opposite direction.
- Along the perimeter of your play mat, tack down your double-folded bias
- When you’ve gone around the entire time, fold under approximately 1/2′′ of the bias tape’s end and place it over the tape’s beginning point to give the edge a neat
- Your mat is prepared for tummy time when you sew the edge in
- Love it! I really adore how you can alter all of the colours in baby DIYs to match your home or nursery. With pink highlights and a soft cactus print.
What advantages of using a busy baby mat?
The busy baby mats are highly suggested for toddlers these mats provide a variety of cognitive and developmental advantages including
Role in mental growth and development
- Visual perception,
- Gross motor function,
- Sensory stimulation,
- Teaching abilities and
Role in physical
Role in physical growth and development
- They will pick up the skills necessary to begin crawling, jumping, dancing and ultimately walking.
- They will be inspired to increase their strength as they use their muscles.
- It develops your child’s self-directed learning.
- It encourages independence while encouraging fundamental physical activity.
BENEFITS OF PLAY MAT PRODUCTS
- Long-lasting and affordable because it is a gift that keeps giving
- It is portable since it is simple to transport and takes up little room in storage.
- It provides a safe play space with the soft ground for kids.
- With the padded ground, it is easy to clean and has a range of contrasting colours.
Disadvantages of using a baby mat?
A play mat’s main drawback is its lack of hygiene.
Concentrating a child’s play area increases the amount of food, dust, germs, and other contaminants there. If not adequately sterilised, you could spread disease.
Another drawback is that kids who are already introverted may utilise them to avoid interacting with their playmates
Children shouldn’t spend their days by themselves in isolation.
Remove the play mat for a portion of the day if this is a concern.
Frequently Asked Questions about busy baby mats:
Q1: Is a busy baby mat safe to use for babies?
Ans: The busy baby mats are completely safe for the babies. You must need to maintain the hygiene of baby mats by regularly cleaning busy baby mats.
Q2: Are baby-safe floor mats a good idea?
Ans: As your child develops balance and coordination (it takes time! ), they will decrease the impact of any falls. Floor mats can be used in any room of your house, including the playroom and nursery for your infant
Q3: Do infants require a busy baby playmate?
Ans A playmat is a must for infants starting around three months old.
Q4: from where I can get busy baby mats?
Ans: These busy bay mats are readily available in the market. You can get the desire done from Amazon, Alibaba, Aliexpress and any other online store.
Q5: How much time a baby should spend on busy baby mats?
Ans: The toddler ideally spends 2-3 hours on a busy baby mate. The baby must be made to interact with other kids as well to avoid social interaction.
Q6: Do infants require any toys?
Ans: Toys are unnecessary for infants under two months old since they lack the motor skills to engage with them. Interaction with parents is something they both need and want. The toys that newborns can grasp will aid in the development of their gross motor abilities between the ages of two and six.
Busy baby mats have been in use for a long time. They serve as a particular space for your children where they can play with their toys. These are now equally common in use in both homes as well as in day-cares in different capacities.
These busy baby mats are available in almost every texture, colour and shape imaginable, but their main benefits and drawbacks are pretty much the same regardless of the mat type
The busy baby mates are in different sizes and designs. These busy baby mats stick to flat surfaces and let you hang your baby’s favourite toys so you don’t have to pick them up every two minutes. Your child will benefit immensely from a playmat, including those associated with intellectual development, sensory stimulation, visual perception, grasping and reaching skills, gross motor development, and self-awareness.